- In relation to their use, the tubes can be supplied in the following conditions:
- ANNEALED (GBK)
- NORMALIZED (NBK)
- As concerns conditions at points 1 and 2, we have to point out that the heat treatment is effected in controlled atmosphere furnaces.
Consequently the tubes surfaces is perfectly oxide-free.
When not started at the request or order moment, seamless tubes are supplied annealed (in controlled atmosphere).
- Steel: all the tubes are manufactured whit carbon steel according to the execution specifications. Alloyed steel on request.
- Lenghts: cold drawn seamless steel tubes can be supplied in following lengths:
- Fixed: whit tolerances according to execution specification.
- Tubes maximum lengths: 12 mts.
- Lengths over 12 mts. on demand.
- Checks and ispections: final check quality is guaranteed by following tests and checks:
- Electromagnetic non-destructive test on 100% of rough-shaped to drawn;
- Mechanical and technological tests according to the execution specifications;
- Electromagnetic non-destructive test on 100% of drawn tube.
- Certifications: usually tubes are supplied with a test certificate according to the execution specifications.
- Marking: according to the product type, the tubes can be marked in continuous for all the length with indelible ink or during packing with an identification label attached to the bundle.
- Protection: to preserve the product, inside and outside are oiled with thin film protective oil, except customer different prescription.
- Packing: the tubes are packed in round or hexagonal bundles of a maximum weight of 2000 kgs, bare or protected with polythene jute cloth, strapped on polyethylene bands.
On each bundle is attached an identification label.